Monday, March 28, 2016

People can't change! (Or can they?)

This is one phrase that drives me crazy. A person can't change. I beg to differ. I absolutely believe people can change. I myself, have changed many many times I think people don't want to change or chose not too because, let's face it change can be hard. Especially when it comes to aspect of one's self. To say you need to change is admitting that you are not perfect. Our bodies are changing all the time cells are bing made as one ones die off. Our brains are changing, our taste buds etc, but people cannot change? Yes we can, but it requires daily work and looking inward. When I was growing up my parents were the example on how not to be and I learned a lot of negative behaves and reactions from living in that environment. I realized that I was being to treat people the same way my mother did, and honestly it made me sick. I had to make a conscious effort to think first and be aware of how I was treating people and reacting to situations. It was extremely difficult at first, but you have to have to want to change. Change for yourself to be a better person, not because someone is telling to you change. I still struggle with my attitude and responding to people but I don't mind. This means that I am still learning and growing. So what do you think? Can people change and why don't they?

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you but people feel belittled if you say they have changed, but agree when said "they have evolved or got matured. This is more acceptable for them , but the bottomline is they have changed. Whether they accept or not they have been changing all through there life for better or worse. It needs maturity to realise and accept that we have changed. Yes people can change and will change whether voluntarily or even without their kmnowledge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree, when some says that someone has evolved or matured, seems to be more acceptable because it is a nicer way to say it. When someone says something like "man you changed!" Usually it's a bad change and it is taken as an attack. There are some people who feel they are set in there ways and will not budge or even hear another side of an argument.

      Delete
  2. I'm a firm believer that people can change if they want to and/or if they believe they need to. Some people, like my daughter for instance, has a very hurtful attitude when it confess to interacting with people. I tell her all the time that it's not what you say, it's how you say it. Yet it just guess through one ear and out the other. Her response is that people just have to understand and desk with it caus that's the way I am. Yet when she can't get her way with someone she comes crying to me how wrong this person is and I'm like,"yes", to myself. But I ask her how do you think someone is going to respect you if you refuse to respect them. I pray that she gets it while she still had a chance at love. But I'm a firm believer that a person can change as I was a wretch until I found the Lord and showed me how to turn my life around. Now I'm not trying to change the topic of this discussion but for that I am truly grateful. Thanks for the dynamic topic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please excuse my incorrect word usage. It would be helpful if I proofread before I publish. 😓

      Delete
    2. No need to apologize for anything! Thanks so much for the kind words! If you don't mind me A's Nguyen, how old is your daughter? Don't give up hope for her! I am a reformed terrible person and it took me a long time to get to where I am. I had to learn lesson about how much people words can have an effect on you. I will keep you and your family in my prayers and feel free to stop by here anytime! 😀

      Delete

 
Life, Love, and Lessons - Blogger Templates, - by Templates para novo blogger Displayed on lasik Singapore eye clinic.